Our next in-person meeting is Monday!
City of Thousand Oaks – Oak Room
Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza/City Hall
The meeting will start promptly at 7:30. You are welcome to arrive at 7:00 for a bit of social time before the meeting. There are no mask, testing, or vax requirements, but you are welcome to take any precautions that you wish. Yellow shirts are appropriate. Either the County one or ARES shirts. I will have ACS-ARES patches if you want to add them to your clothing or gear. Wearing your ACS ID is suggested. The meeting is open to all. Members, non-members, and the curious. Anyone interested in what we do is encouraged to attend. Feel free to pass on this information to others you believe might be interested.
This is a chance to put a face to the people you may only know as a voice on the radio while remaining safely at home. We look forward to hearing about your unique ham experience during this difficult time.
We will review progress on our systems, and new information about upcoming events will be discussed. You will have a chance to tour the ACS radio installation at the station. It is an excellent example of what we want to support an EOC.
We’ll also report on our activities with a review of upcoming and recent events:
- The Ride to Defeat ALS on May 14
- Chatsworth Peak weed abatement
- CLU Scandinavian Festival June 5&6
- Our busiest day ever on June 6th
- Mountains to Beach Marathon
- CLU Scandinavian Festival
- Love Run
- Rasnow Peak antenna cleanup
- ARRL Field Day June 25-26
- Moorpark Fireworks July 3
- Wings Over Camarillo Airshow August 20 and 21
- Progress reports on EOC and infrastructure systems
- An update on the ACS-ARES web portal
- Info on the HF net
- An overview of Winlink activities
- A report from ARRL Section Manager
If you have a subject that you would like to discuss or have discussed, please let me know and I will put it on the agenda. Please join us if you can. I hope to see you there